Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Runs in the Time of Corona

 I'm missing my group runs. Sure I have run solo most of my life, but when it is forced, it does get sad after a while. I've noticed a change in how we react to each other too. A week ago runners were even more friendly than usual. More waves, smiles, nods, etc. Like, "Hey we are in this together - it's good to get out and run, isn't it?" Now I still get a few like that, but more and more people avert their eyes, turn their heads, or look at you like, "You're not going to come into my 6 foot circle are you?" It's more like they (we) are ashamed to even be out running, since we should be holed up at home. I come home feeling a little guilty. But, yeah, still glad I can get out there and work the body and make endorphins and de-stress and add numbers to my spreadsheet.

The beach bike path is closing tomorrow. I'll be running mostly on the empty roads. I skip the sidewalk entirely so the dog walkers don't get freaked out. Today I saw a guy driving a convertible wearing a mask.

Meanwhile we are finishing season two of Schitt's Creek (funny!). I binged all of Fleabag (funny!). Just watched JoJo Rabbit which was good. Parasite was odd but really interesting - recommended. Marriage Story was brutal but very well done. I'm watching BoJack Horseman which is amusing. I still recommend Black Mirror if you haven't seen it yet - some fantastic shows. Plus I read. 

This too shall pass. Eventually. In Love in the Time of Cholera, the guy did get his lover in the end. Keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment