Monday, April 14, 2014

I'm Baaaack!!! Back in the Saddle again

Here is the soundtrack for this bloop. Play it along as you read. (some Aerosmith from the 70's)

I am ready to declare myself BACK to normal. You won't need to hear about my plantar fasciitis anymore. It has dwindled to just an irritant; On par with the normal sore muscles from training. It's not keeping me from doing anything, so I'm not going to bitch about it anymore!



You're welcome.

So I just finished my first 30-mile week since September, and all the runs were good. Easy 5 Monday. 3x1 mile intervals on Tuesday (6:52, 7:13, 7:03), 6 mile progression on Thursday, and 12 hilly goat miles on Saturday. Then I topped it off with 20 miles on the bike Sunday. BAM!



It's always good to be feeling strong and healthy when you hit another birthday. 52 doesn't seem bad at all so far! I'm ready to kick butt and get some new over 50 PRs this year!



And for the statheads, here is my Goat run. Not quite as hilly as normal, so I pushed it a bit and was very happy with my paces on the rocky fire road and single track.


goat run
Mile 10 was a killer steep climb! But then I finished strong with 2 miles at 8:00.

This week I take it (relatively) easy and then race a 5K on Saturday.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment